Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Everybody needs good neighbours....

I love where I live. I love living in Melbourne, we have a great apartment to live in in a good area. But living in an apartment block means we have neighbours. In general, I have no problem with our neighbours. They are quiet and they do the gardening. Also, they leave us alone (to the point where I don't know any of their names and no-one came to say hello when we moved in...). So these are all good things. However. One of our neighbours (the one underneath us) likes playing loud music. That's fine. I like music too! The problem is she plays it quite loud and seems to have only one CD, which is on repeat from, you know, 10-4 EVERY DAY. This CD seems to be the best of Andrew Lloyd Weber, plus other incidental popular songs (somewhere over the rainbow, I will always love you, etc), SUNG IN PSEUDO-OPERA. It's really starting to wear me down. If it were (almost) any other type of music I could deal with it. But to hear the best of Lloyd Weber, sung in opera, is slowly driving me towards insanity. Worse still, it forces me to retaliate, playing my music louder to drown hers out. I wonder whose speakers are going to give out first?