Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Kitchen wishlist

I don't want a perfect, designer kitchen. But seeing as I like to cook, I would like a kitchen with the following improvements to my current kitchen:
1. An oven that works.
2. A stove that is level, so all my pots and pans don't end up burnt on one side
3. Cupboards that don't ooze sap when it gets hot.
4. Benches that are high enough so I don't have to bend to my waist to chop things or do the dishes.
5. Speaking of dishes, a dishwasher would be great (but this would really be a luxury)
6. A servery that is high enough to see through when standing up, and so it's possible to pass dishes through without bending in half.
7. More than one powerpoint.
8. A window that stays open without the need of a bottle to prop it open.

In short, I want a normal, functioning kitchen, like the sort that normal, functioning people have. Nothing super flash. Just...functioning.