Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Tracking

I recently bought some DVDs from Amazon.co.uk. I really like the UK amazon because for some unexplained reason they ship faster than the US amazon and charge less, too. This time, I checked the "ordinary shipping" box but for some reason when they sent the DVDs out, they upgraded me to super-fast courier-hand delivered shipping. For the normal cheap amazon.co.uk price! I was pretty excited about this, because it means I get my DVDs in 3 days (apparently) instead of 2 weeks. But the best part about all of this is that they gave me a tracking number! So now I can follow every step of their journey. So far my DVDs started in Glasgow, travelled to Edinburgh (I hope they saw all the old buildings), went to London (hope they managed to fit the British Museum in - it's free!), had to wait around at Heathrow for a bit (but don't we all), and now they're on a plane from London to Australia. I hope they have a nice plane ride, get good seats, good food, and that the movies they see are enjoyable. I'm so glad my DVDs got to see the world a little before they settle down in my house.